4CORE serves as a resource to support and promote regional, state and national energy climate goals by providing community programming that develops affordable solar and renewable energy projects in our region.
We are currently working on the following innovative solutions:
Fuel efficiency and alternative fuel development with the ReFuel Program
The solar energy sector is vital and growing in Colorado. According to the Solar Energy Industries Association:
- Colorado ranked ninth in the nation for installed solar capacity, with 540 MW of solar energy installed as of April 2016.
- Colorado is home to more than 400 solar companies, employing about 5,000 people throughout the state.
- $305 million was invested in solar installations in Colorado in 2015.
- Average installed photovoltaic system prices in Colorado fell 18% between 2014 and 2015.
- Locally, the LPEA service area has over 700 installed solar systems.